Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GP4 Installation Problem - CSM not responding when trying to install a mod

pippo46

Piloto GP2
18 de Octubre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
Hi all,

by mistake I posted a thread in d wrong section. The link is below;

After the original problem of GP4 not restoring, I have tried the following as I had no alternative but to un-install everything all over again, as then I tried new exe.

I installed the 'decrypted exe' by simply copy-pasting a fresh exe into the main folder, overriding the old one.

I was following Jorge Caranti's thread;

Still this is when not only GP4 could not restore, but now every time I attempted to run GP4 as I normally did, through CSM, now I was getting the "exe error".. I tried restarting GP4, restarting PC, but to no avail, same s ame error... So then I had no option or alternative, but to un-install everything, & try install everything all over again.

So I again commenced re-installation of GP4 all over again, GP4 worked fine from original cd, & then followed by Installing:
patch 9.6,
Gp4.exe 1.02 (NO CD)
Gpxpatch 3.93

I then set compability as Admin to Windows XP Sp (even though I have Windows 7 64bit as OS)

Run the game and exit saving the settings.

I restarted PC, & then continued with installation of ZaZ Tools.

So far so good.....

When I came up to installing a Mod, this is when & where I could not continue, as CSM 1.26 was not responding. Besides not visually seeing mod being installed, I could confirm from Windows Task Manager that CSM 1.26 was not responding.

I tried several times "turning DEP off" through "windows command prompt" again restarting PC, but still unsuccessful.

So to conclude my GP4 can ONLY run in default/original cd , but I can NOT attempt using CSM , for the reasons above.

I installed everything in admin mode, so my problem could be with the REGISTRY.....

It seems I have no other option now, but to un-install everything all over again, & try installing everything again.???? Or is there some other miracle which could solve this for me, before doing so?

Any recommended decent Registry Cleaner? I downloaded & installed one, but nothing seemed to have improved the situation!

Any solutions???

Thanks

phantaman

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Miembro del equipo
Administrador
Supporter VIP
Puntuación de reacción
windows 8 64bit? backup of the respective MOD, uninstall GP4, GP4 ZaZ Tools and GPxPatch ... restart the PC and reinstall as follows:

not install GP4, GP4 ZaZ Tools (CSM) and GPxPatch inside the folder c: \ program files \ (x86) and become owner of the respective folders and give full permission (writing / recording)

to uninstall GP4 just remove the following key from the Windows registry and delete the entire folder Infogrames:

Código:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Infogrames]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Infogrames \ Grand Prix 4]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Infogrames \ Grand Prix 4 \ 1.00]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Infogrames \ Grand Prix 4 \ 1:00 \ Install Dir]
"Directory" = "C: \ \ Program Files \ \ Infogrames \ \ Grand Prix 4 \ \"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Infogrames \ Grand Prix 4 \ 1:00 \ Version]
"Number" = dword: 00000066

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Infogrames \ Grand Prix 4 \ Audio]
"GUID" = hex: 8f, f6, of, f4, 07, e4, 4d, 57, a1, b0, d2, 76,7 c, f, 8c, a4
"Desc" = "Speakers (SB Audigy)"
"Module" = "{0.0.0.00000000}. {8ff6def4-07e4-4d57-a1b0-d2767caf8ca4}"
"EAX" = hex: 00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Infogrames \ Grand Prix 4 Patch]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Infogrames \ Grand Prix 4 Patch \ 1.00]

the only difference u will find is in the corresponding line to audio in my case is a sound blaster audigy ... do this procedure and reinstall

pippo46

Piloto GP2
18 de Octubre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
@phantaman

thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify I have Windows 7 64bit as my OS. (not Windows 8)

I am not really tech savvy - in the sense, just a normal PC user.

Perhaps if you could explain better & in simpler way, I could learn how to remove the 'key' from Windows Registry.

Whenever I installed GP4 together with ZaZ Tools (CSM) & GPxPatch, I always followed this path;

D:\Infogrames (thus eliminating the " \ program files \ (x86" )

So, I'll wait for your instructions, in case you thought I have Windows 8 as OS.

Thanks

pippo46

Piloto GP2
18 de Octubre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
I tried everything from scratch all over again.

Un-installed everything.

Cleaned my registry (I think) using CCleaner.

Installed everything all over again.

GP4 default, as installed from CD runs well together with 1- GP4_patch v9.6 , 2- gp4exe102 , 3- inst-gpxpatch393.

So up to this point GP runs normally.

I installed ZaZ GP4 Tools successfully.

Disable DEP in Windows 7 64 bit in Command Prompt.

The PROBLEM starts HERE; when I try to install a Mod CSM 1.26 DOES NOT RESPOND.

I am sure I followed the correct Installation Procedure, like I have done in the past, but I have no more clues & have to admit I have run out of ideas, & no solution can be found....

BYE BYE GP4 with CSM Add-on.......... = DEAD
thumbs_down.png

Thank you for those who tried helping, but a miracle is required it seems, until then my GP4 is DEAD :(

Última edición:

phantaman

Miembro del equipo
Administrador
Supporter VIP
Puntuación de reacción
@phantaman

thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify I have Windows 7 64bit as my OS. (not Windows 8)

is the same procedure

I am not really tech savvy - in the sense, just a normal PC user.

Perhaps if you could explain better & in simpler way, I could learn how to remove the 'key' from Windows Registry.

Whenever I installed GP4 together with ZaZ Tools (CSM) & GPxPatch, I always followed this path;

D:\Infogrames (thus eliminating the " \ program files \ (x86" )

So, I'll wait for your instructions, in case you thought I have Windows 8 as OS.

Thanks

I have to warn u should not install inside the folder c: \ program files \ (x86) ... because otherwise this tool (ZaZ GP4 Tools) will not work the way you want
this is the trick :ok:

phantaman

Miembro del equipo
Administrador
Supporter VIP
Puntuación de reacción
u must reinstall ZaZ GP4 Tools to c:\program files\zaz tools :ok:

pippo46

Piloto GP2
18 de Octubre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
@phantaman

I have installed both my GP4 & ZaZ Tools in my D:\ drive.

These are the paths;

D:\ZaZ GP4 Tools

D:\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4

On a side note my GP4_patch v9.6 is installed here ->>> D:\Infogrames\GP4_patch v9.6

Is this correct to have the following subfolders in this way, that is;

o0xhms.jpg
[/IMG]

pippo46

Piloto GP2
18 de Octubre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
u must reinstall ZaZ GP4 Tools to c:\program files\zaz tools :ok:

Previously I always installed as I have explained in my previous post, & did not have any issues with installation paths;

D:\ZaZ GP4 Tools

D:\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4

So what shall I do, un-install CSM & re-install it in the path you suggested; but of course in my D:\ = d
:\program files\zaz tools ????

So, I am really confused to what is causing the problem! :(

Thanks once again

Última edición:

phantaman

Miembro del equipo
Administrador
Supporter VIP
Puntuación de reacción
you already answered there in GPG :ok:

pippo46

Piloto GP2
18 de Octubre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
I understand what you wrote, & I why you wrote it..... I should have included the same sentence you wrote "RUN THE GAME FIRST and Save the settings when exiting." - which in fact I actually did run the game & save the settings. In fact I can run GP4 anytime , as 'default', but again when it comes to installing a mod through ZaZ Tools, that's where the problem starts!

I agree, I should have explained more thoroughly or clearly..

Any more ideas for a solution please?

Gracias

pippo46

Piloto GP2
18 de Octubre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
Apparently NOfile/patch exists by ZaZ to run ZaZ Tools in Windows 7 :(

anything more we can do?

Gracias

pippo46

Piloto GP2
18 de Octubre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
hi all,

yesterday with the help of an online friend JohnMaverick, we came to a solution that my MOD is causing CSM to crash.

How did we get to this conclusion? well he sent me a link and downloaded and installed a different mod, which installed perfectly without any problems whatsoever.

So it seems that my MODs are somehow causing CSM to Crash.

Having said this, I DO NOT have any problems installing any trackpack through TSM, so we can also conclude that we do NOT have problems with CSM/TSM.

I would kindly ask if someone has a link for me to download a
2012 or 2013 CSM mod, perhaps I can finally resume GP4 with 2012+ F1 cars.

Thanks to ALL those who have tried helping me!

pippo46

Piloto GP2
18 de Octubre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
I have always followed d SAME Installation procedure MORE than once that I have needed to install any GP4 stuff. Though I am no expert like you & many others here, I can get the hang of installing some stuff, after having to do it more than once. & again I appreciate your time for the many times you have helped ME in going through detailed explanation of how exactly to install, & of course last but not least your fantastic products you do for the GP4 Community, which should be appreciated by all, & should your products/works be used in any mod or trackpack or wateva files I am a FIRM BELIEVER that AT LEAST a THANKS & APPRECIATION & yr name as Developer SHOULD BE MENTIONED!

Everyone should be thankful to you & all the developers online, for the stuff/products all of you produce for us, & for sure this takes a hell lot of your personal time to create. AGAIN it is NOT FAIR for those who do not say a THANK YOU or just use other peoples' stuff/products without saying a THANK YOU &/or give CREDIT by mentioning your name/s as developers!

But let's get back to GP4 & solve this problem I have encountered.......

I hope I am not misunderstood, as all I care is about "Long Live GP4" & that fairness, thanks & appreciation comes as a minimum for all the stuff/products done by developers like you... & we are not talking about normal stuff, as everyone who has eyes can confirm what QUALITY Products you & your team produce for us!

Gracias, hasta la vista amigos ;)

Bruno Duarte

Piloto reserva F1
Banned
Puntuación de reacción
Im sure at 100% the zaz tools you use is the beta not the final version ;)

pippo46

Piloto GP2
18 de Octubre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
Im sure at 100% the zaz tools you use is the beta not the final version ;)

merci Bruno.....

how can you say this? in any case, can you send me a link of the latest CSM ZaZ Tools you are saying is the latest?

As I posted above, there was no issues installing a different mod & I never had problems with TSM neither...

Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards

J

Kimi2012

Piloto Formula 2
23 de Diciembre de 2011
Puntuación de reacción
Can anyone give me the zaz tools installer ? i can´t found in the internet. Bruno the link of mega is dead. can you reupload ?

Arriba Pie