Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GP4 in LAN - Engine sound

mralpha

Piloto Formula 2
16 de Agosto de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
Have you ever tried a LAN race with GP4? It is a formidable experience. Face to face. Requirements: Two performing PCs, a "cross" cable, identical GP4 for both of them, a trusted and passionate friend, available time (at night), a few cans of beer.
Often on the LAN it happens that GP4 crashes and is not nice especially when there are only a few laps to go. My opinion is that this is due, lately, to files cars.wad too heavy (almost 1 Gb). Considering that in LAN the data transmission is 1 Gb/s, it becomes difficult for the network to manage the graphics of two GP4 and two heavy files cars at the same time (this is my theory).
So I installed again GP4 according to the usual procedure, with the GPxPatch 4.44 and I added a "cars.wad" file with the cars of 2011 which weighs only about 300 Mb. The graphics are excellent set 1280x1024 at 60 fps.
We tested it and everything went well (on A1-Ring). The problem is that the sound of my friend's car engine came and went. Regular volume at idle (in curve), very low volume at maximum and acceleration (in straight line). I have done other tests and settings, but nothing has changed. It will be twenty years that we play so it's never happened to me. With other LAN games (MotoGP) the audio is perfect. What do you think depends on?

jcaranti

Piloto F1
Miembro del equipo
Administrador
Puntuación de reacción
Yes i tried many times. I play with my brother.
The real trick is to have to both computers to be identical in specifications, the same Gp4 in every way.
As for the cars.wad, well its always better to play with a cars.wad that is less than 200mb in LAN, the lower the size
the better will go.
Doing the above then you have a chance to play and enjoy with someone.
As for the new tracks i tested Silverstone 2013, Istanbul 2011, Barcelona 2017 and it went well. Other tracks i have no idea.
The races we did were 20% distance, imagine our wifes how they are saying these grown ups playing !!! jajajajajajaja Epic !!

mralpha

Piloto Formula 2
16 de Agosto de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
Thank you for your answer. My friend is not married, but I do. My wife would like to choke me every time we play!!!
So it was like I thought. Another track that has rarely given problems is Elkart Lake (Road America). In reality we have always played each one with his PC, so different. Now we do it in my garage with my PCs that are old, but performing. What I do not explain is this "go and go" of the audio in one of the PC.

mralpha

Piloto Formula 2
16 de Agosto de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
It seems that the problem is solved (this morning at 05.00 am). PC setting a hardware acelleration 2D, the other 3D + EAX effects. In reality the PCs are similar with the same nVidia GeForce 720 4 GB video card, but one has 4 processors and 6 GB RAM and the other 8 processors and 8 GB RAM. However, it had never happened to me. To be sure, I will continue the tests.

Última edición:
Arriba Pie