Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RELEASE Buddh International Circuit (India) 2011 v3.1.5 by KTC & Josekast

andreiclaudiu2488

Piloto Formula 3
26 de Septiembre de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
Hi guys, thanks for the track, it's simply amazing. But i have a little problem, i can't setup very good my car. Can you upload a setup for this track? Thanks :) !

klaus feldmann

Piloto GP2
29 de Mayo de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
No one answered so far. I think it's no bad luck ;).

I think there are two types of GP4-drivers. Firstly those, who only make quickraces or very short race weekends. They won't have a special setup for Buddh curcuit. And if though, it is not better than your setup, i'm sure ;).

And secondly, the hardcore-drivers like me or Jorge. They are making even 100%-races and are very good in making setups. But they are playing too seriously to share setups with other drivers. Making a perfect setup often needs more than 3 hours ;). I myself sadly do not have a setup for Buddh on my sleeve. I will drive that track by the end of the season.

What I advise you, is to learn making good setups yourself ;). Just make a few laps and see, which setup-changes were good. After some time you will also notice, that you have your own driving style and will understand, that you cannot drive with setups of other drivers. With an own setup you will allways be quicker. Since I make my own setups very seriously, I enjoy the game more than ever before :ok:.

To Buddh in special, that track is not more difficult to setup than other fast tracks ;). I would guess you should try out the following main settings:
RearWing: 16
FrontWing: 18
Gearbox up to 55 in 7th gear
Make the suspensions very soft.
Rotating stabilizor should be quite hard for the race due to the fast changing corners.
Ride height should as always be as low as possible without destroying your plank.
Best trick is to use the differential gears. They are often the setup-setting which bring you the final 5 tenth of a second ;).

andreiclaudiu2488

Piloto Formula 3
26 de Septiembre de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
Thanks for your answer Klaus. I started to doing my own setups only recently and I have not managed to figure out how gears ratio are functioning.

klaus feldmann

Piloto GP2
29 de Mayo de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
Thanks for your answer Klaus. I started to doing my own setups only recently and I have not managed to figure out how gears ratio are functioning.

No problem ;).
Hm, I though we had an english setup tutorial anywhere, but it seems I was wrong...
Gears ratio are quite easy. I guess you mean the gearbox, not the differential ;). The gear ratio will influence the speed you drive in a special gear. There are 3 main aspects of gear ratio:

1. The value of your highest enabled gear (gear 6 or 7) will determine you top speed. If the value is too high you won't get most out of the car. If the value is too low, you will get into the rev limiter on the straights. Values vary between 50 for Monaco and 64 for old Hockenheimring.

2. The value of the 1st gear is very important for throttling out of slow corners and for a good start. A value of around 20 is best in most of the tracks.

3. The values for gears 2 to 6 will determine your acceleration from lowest up to top speed. Standard gap between these gears are 6 clicks.

How to get a good gear ratio:
- First you need the right wing settings. Making a good gear ratio has got no effect, if you will change your rear wing after that ;).
- Now use the longest straight of the track to get the value for the highest gear. If the rev limiter (might be visible on the steering wheel) engages to early on the straight you have to increase the gear ratio for 6th/7th gear. For qualy it is okay, if the rev limiter is turning on on the straight for about 2 seconds. For the race, you'll need more room for overtaking.
- If you have the highest gear ratio, place the rest of the values at the same time: each gear could be gapped 6 clicks to the next one.

That's it! Experienced driver do often not need more that one lap to make a good gear ratio.
One more thing: Sometimes you'll have to make bigger gaps between the gears, e.g. to avoid that you have to change a gear within a very fast corner. Changing gears within fast corners can lead to very dangerous car behaviour, so try to avoid it. Barcelona's old New Holland was such a turn ;). It could also be nessecary to increase gear ratio's gaps to avoid too much wheel spin in the wet.

klaus feldmann

Piloto GP2
29 de Mayo de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
Nice idea Jorge, but sadly I've no time for this kind of setup-work at the moment :(. Too many other projects demand my time. More likely we'll see a complete setup-guide by me anywhen in future, but I'm not sure about it ;).

andreiclaudiu2488

Piloto Formula 3
26 de Septiembre de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
Sorry for late, but i was so busy in the last period. But, i try to test some setup in the Indian track. I have a setup like that : R Wing 18, F Wing 17, Anti Roll 2000 and 200, the gear 25, 30, 35,40, 46,51 and 57, differential to 8/6 both. I have not the best time in sector 1, but i'm back in the second and third secto. Also,I have a good time in the qualifing, but in the race after the first 10 laps around my pace begins to decrease very much.

klaus feldmann

Piloto GP2
29 de Mayo de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
Sorry for late, but i was so busy in the last period. But, i try to test some setup in the Indian track. I have a setup like that : R Wing 18, F Wing 17, Anti Roll 2000 and 200, the gear 25, 30, 35,40, 46,51 and 57, differential to 8/6 both. I have not the best time in sector 1, but i'm back in the second and third secto. Also,I have a good time in the qualifing, but in the race after the first 10 laps around my pace begins to decrease very much.

Setup seems to be okay. Did you use the suspension- and ride height as well? They are very important. I make my suspension for qualy very soft and for race very hard (because the under-floor has to last for the whole race). In both sessions make the ride height as low as you can without destroying the plank too early. In qualy the plank might be broken after 1 timed lap and in race it should stay well until the end of the race. Calculate also with some slipstream-rides for the race (makes car faster and increases plank wear) ;).

To the problem, that you are slower just in some sectors, it is not necessarily because of your setups. Some trackmakers are making better cc-lines in fast corners and worse cc-line in slow corners or vice-versa. So, don't worry about that. Most important is the time at the end of the lap ;).

Regarding your race performance problem, I'm pretty sure it has something to do either with the plank wear (when the under-floor is broken, the car slows down) or most probably with the tyre-performance. Allways use the hard tyre-typ. Harder tyres are, except in Monaco, always the better choice :ok:. And secondly, try to save your tyres. It's better to drive half a second slower in the first 5 laps, but keping the performance constant, instead of driving at the limit and destroying your tyres after just a few laps :ok:.

At last, did you use my to get the best tactics? It very often shows that a 3-stopp-strategy is the best option, mainly because of the tyrewear ;).

andreiclaudiu2488

Piloto Formula 3
26 de Septiembre de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
Yes, it's the probability that the softly or hardly suspension make that the pace decrease after a few laps. I will try to fix that in the future tests. However, can you tell me how it works, the differential ? I have problems when i want to set them.Thanks for your promptitude :) .

klaus feldmann

Piloto GP2
29 de Mayo de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
Okay, a short text about the differential:

The differential determines - like it's name shows it already somehow - how much the tyre-rotations between the left and the right side are allowed to differ from each other. This is quite important, even for a normal street car, because there are always some tyres which have to rotate faster than others. E.g. in a left-hander-corner the right tyres have to rotate more often than the left tyres. This is logical, because they have to run a longer distance as well to get around the corner. If the tyre-rotations wouldn't differ from each other in the corner, the car would only run straight into the run-off.

And to tweak this behaviour, you have the differential(-gearbox). Higher values allow higher rotation-differences between left and right tyres. And higher differences lead to more overstear in the certain situation. Lower values avoid differences between the two sides and lead to more understeer.

This is not only even one more setting to set the car balance (after wings-settings, suspensions, damper and so on)! The differential determines the car balance only for these two actions: accelerating and breaking! The general corner balance remains unchanged. This is quite useful to get a good car setup, especially while accelerating.

In general, make the values for accelerating as high as you can, without having to much oversteer on the throttle control. Values in the dry might be around 7 or 8 and in the wet around 4 or 5 (also depens on your physics and performance-file).
I always left the differential for breaking at 5, because you can also use the general breaking balance. But, of course, you can also use the differential-settings to tweak the car's behaviour while breaking ;).

andreiclaudiu2488

Piloto Formula 3
26 de Septiembre de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
I have a question for you boys, if you can help me. I don't know if here is the right place where i should post that, but now i'm doing that.
It's a button or something which give me the posibility to enable the information bar which is indicated in the net picture ? Or the activation is posible only in particular mods ?

klaus feldmann

Piloto GP2
29 de Mayo de 2012
Puntuación de reacción
It's a simple GPxPanel.

Not sure, if I'm right, but it could be the 'Defpanel 2009', watch here:

lalboy

Piloto Formula 3
16 de Julio de 2013
Puntuación de reacción
Hi

I want to download this track however the link is not opening to download. Please help

Arriba Pie